Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Ford Mustang in Texas can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Ford and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Austin agents.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around yearly because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best premium rates on Mustang insurance a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to find affordable car insurance.
Finding low cost car insurance prices is actually quite simple. You just need to take the time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies. Comparing prices online can be done in several different ways.
If you are pressed for time, the simplest way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This quick form eliminates the need for a different quote for every company. Completing one form gets you price quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
A more difficult way to get comparison quotes consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare prices for Auto-Owners, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which can take a lot of time.
To view a list of companies in Austin, click here.
The least recommended way to find cheaper rates is physically going to local Austin insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although you can price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to determine which company has the best rates in Austin.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Companies do not list every discount very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will give a small break for signing up on the internet.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates on Mustang insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a . Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts possibly include:
Double check with all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Austin, click here.
Local Austin insurance agents
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Austin that can give you for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to your email. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Austin
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Austin agents are categorized either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both do a good job, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can influence the selection process.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from captive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Is my Ford Mustang covered for smoke damage?
- What if I total my Ford Mustang and owe more than it’s worth?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Austin?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
- Drivers with high credit save – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Ford Mustang by improving your rating. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
- Urban areas may pay more – Residing in a rural area may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Higher premiums for specific jobs – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as judgesairline pilots and emergency personnel generally pay the highest rates due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like scientists, athletes and homemakers pay the least on Mustang insurance.
- A lcoverage lapse is a bad thing – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
- Gender and car insurance – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Save by driving less – The higher the miles on your Ford every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Mustang can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Due to the fact that the Ford Mustang is considered a sports car, insurance will be much more compared to average rates in Austin. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Marriage is a good thing – Having a spouse helps lower the price on car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Better coverage you can count on
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Mustang insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting . You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information is located at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Texas drivers can report car insurance fraud, get help finding coverage, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Other related articles: