Searching for better insurance prices for a Honda Accord in Texas can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Honda and obtain the best price possible either online or from Austin insurance agents.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because car insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates for Accord coverage a few years ago you may be paying too much now. You’ll find a ton of advice on car insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some proven techniques to slash your car insurance rates.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Locating the lowest cost car insurance coverage in Austin is easy if you know what you’re doing. Texas consumers just need to understand the proper way to shop their coverage around online.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a little information such as driver details, if you’re married, your education level, and if you have a valid license. The data gets transmitted to all major companies and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your Honda Accord now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Austin car insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Austin is a good way to get lower rates when getting a .
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Accord coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a slight reduction on a for Accord coverage.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda may allow you to get slightly better car insurancerates than normal.
- E-sign Discounts
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, air bags, and seat belt use.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, payment discounts, early quote, student away at school, new car, and IntelliDrive.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, good student, and newly retired.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in Austin. To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, follow this link.
How Your Accord Insurance Rates are Determined
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates.
The following are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of car you drive makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Honda Accord falls in the passenger car class, rates will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Austin. Economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- How much liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Your employer may affect rates – Jobs such as judges, executives and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than average because of intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs like scientists, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates for Accord coverage.
- Gender as a rate factor – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both genders have auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Your credit rating is important – An insured’s credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda Accord by improving your credit score.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, collision with an animal, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive for Accord coverage.
- Bundle policies and save – Lots of insurers will give a discount for people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Married drivers get cheaper premiums – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Austin car insurance agent
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agents is important especially in Austin.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Austin that provide for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
What types of car insurance agents are in Austin?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Austin insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Austin may be either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Agents that elect to be captive write business for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Is there a local claims center in Austin?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long have they been in business?
More information can be found on the website for the Texas Department of Insurance located here. Texas consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read consumer alerts, and read industry bulletins.
The following articles may also be useful.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Honda Accord insurance rates in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Affordable Honda Accord insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Austin, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.