Nobody fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, especially when the prices are way too high. Due to the increasing number of different company options, it is very difficult to pick the right car insurance provider.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons as often as possible because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates for Forte coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance online, but I’m going to show you some good information on how to lower your car insurance premiums.
There are several ways to shop for car insurance, but one way is less time-consuming than others. You could waste time talking to agents in San Antonio, or you can utilize online quoting to maximize your effort.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to complete one form, and every company returns a rated price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to each company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose which insurance companies you want pricing from. If you wish to select individual companies for rate comparison, we have a page of low cost car insurance companies in Texas. Click here for list of insurance companies in Texas.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare identical coverage limits with each company. If you use different liability limits you will not be able to decipher which rate is best in San Antonio.
Discount San Antonio car insurance quotes
Companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers can get a slight reduction on a for Forte coverage.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, driver’s education, student away at school, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Allstate may have discounts that include premier plus, utility vehicle, passive restraint, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, family plan, anti-theft, good student, business or organization, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find , ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits may not be available in every state. To see insurers that offer some of these discounts in San Antonio, follow this link.
Truth in car insurance advertising
Consumers in Texas can’t escape the ads that promise big savings for switching by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing about saving some big amount just by moving to their company.
How do they all have lower policy pricing? It’s all in the wording.
All the different companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that will generate a profit. A good example of this type of driver might be between 25 and 40, carries high limits, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Someone that hits that “sweet spot” will get low auto insurance rates and will probably save money with a new company.
Consumers who cannot meet this stringent profile may be required to pay higher premiums and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick is to say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Different companies use different criteria so you really should compare as many as you can. It is impossible to predict which company will provide the lowest rates.
Car insurance coverages for a Kia Forte
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Forte.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for hospital visits, chiropractic care, ambulance fees and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30,000/60,000/25,000 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, fire damage, hitting a deer, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
One last thing to lower rates
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Forte insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional information can be found on the found here. Texas consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, view a list of available companies, and learn about specific coverages.
The following information may also be useful.